Teacher: Mrs Mifflin/Mr Barnett
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Yorke
Terms 3 & 4
Our class topic this term is “Europe”.
Here are some of the things we will be doing and learning about this term:
- Stories from other cultures – we will be writing our own, inspired by “Journey to Jo’burg” by Beverley Naidoo.
- Poetry with different forms – Shape, Calligrams, Haikus, Cinquains.
- Persuasive writing.
- Diary writing – a day in the life of….
- Decimals, percentages and their link with fractions.
- 4 operations with decimals.
- Strategies for problem solving and reasoning.
- Measures – metric and imperial.
- Time and timetables.
- Animals including humans – the circulatory and respiratory systems; parts and functions.
- Evolution and inheritance – adaptation, fossils and genetics.
- Multimedia – combining text and graphics in meaningful, purposeful ways.
- Useful keyboard shortcuts.
- Tailoring our work to suit given audiences.
- Using computers to communicate.
- Researching, notetaking and copyrighting.
- Map skills – using atlases to identify major cities, rivers, mountain ranges and land marks around the world and in Europe.
- A study if Italy – its history, climate, food and culture.
|DT / Art
- Art – sketching, using John Constable as inspiration.
- D.T – textiles – upcycling of old clothes and turning them into something new.
- Participation in the ‘Wellbeing Leaders’ programme (Y6 only).
- Why do Christians believe Jesus was the Messiah?
- How does faith help people when life gets hard?
- Studying Gustav Holst and his Suite of Planets.
- Studying John Williams (film composer) and how films would not be the same without his compositions.
- Five ways to wellbeing.
- School values.
- Our rights and responsibilities.